FLIGHT BOOKING

Sunday 7 June 2020

Wesley Sneijder claims he would have been better than Ronaldo and Messi





Wesley Sneijder has claimed that he could have been like Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi, but he did not regret the career he had as a player. The Netherland legend called it quits at the age of 34 and has had a rewarding career at club level.

Sneijder had a short spell with Real Madrid played for Galatasary, Nice and Al-Gharafa before ending his career. "I could have become like Messi or Ronaldo. I simply didn't feel like it. "I enjoyed my life, maybe I had a glass [of wine] at dinner. Messi and Ronaldo are different, they have made many sacrifices. "And that's fine with me, my career however, was still amazing," Sneijder told DiMarzio. The 35-year-old came fourth at the 2010 Ballon d'Or award behind Barcelona trio including Xavi, Andres Iniesta and Lionel Messi. Sneijder secured a dream move to the Santiago Bernabeu in 2007 for £24million and inherited David Beckham's No.23 jersey.

After winning La Liga in his first season at the Spanish capital, the petite midfielder joined Inter Milan in 2009. Sneijder drew the curtains in his career in his final international game for his country in a 2-1 victory over Peru in a friendly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment